Sunday, August 19, 2007

FIRNI- Famous Sweet Dish From Kashmir

IT IS A VERY FAMOUS KASHMIRI SWEET DISH AND EVEN YOU CAN MAKE IT AT HOME. KASHMIRI'S MAKE IT ON A SPECIAL OCCASION KNOWN AS "WAZWAAN"I'M GIVING IT'S RECIPIE BELOW.

INGREDIENTS QUANTITY

  1. RICE FLOUR:- 2.5 TSP
  2. MILK:- 1 LITRE
  3. SUGAR:- 4 TSP
  4. CARDAMOMS(CRUSHED):- 12
  5. ALMONDS(BLANCHAD & SLICED):- 1 TSP
  6. PISTACHIO(GROUND):- 1 TSP

METHOD:-

  • MIX THE RICE FLOUR WITH ENOUGH MILK TO MAKE A THIN PASTE.
  • PUT IN THE REST OF THE MILK AND BRING TO THE BOIL.
  • COOK ON A MEDIUM HEAT FOR 15 MINUTES, STIRRING CONTINOUSLY.
  • ADD SUGAR & KEEP COOKING FOR ANOTHER 10 MINUTES.
  • BY NOW THE MIXTURE SHOULD BE FAIRLY THICK, MIX IN THE ALMONDS & CARDAMOM.
  • COOK FOR A FURTHER 5 MINUTES. POUR INTO A BOWL & GARNISH WITH THE PISTACHIOS
  • SERVE CHILLED!!
  • YOU MAY EVEN ADD RAISINS, CASHEWNUT IF DESIRE.

1 comments:

Tessa said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://muffinsnow.com

Post a Comment